May 28, 2012

Weigh In - Week 50

Today marks my last weigh-in before the one-year anniversary of my Smaller Sarah journey.  On Friday, June 1st, I'll be posting my final weight-loss numbers and some before and after photos!  I'm happy to report that I lost 3 pounds this week, bringing my total loss to 73 pounds.

This week was big.  I packed up the boys and hauled our cookies to Utah to be with my husband while hes working at the Utah Shakespeare Festival.  Even with all the planning and preparation, I still managed to eat well balanced, healthy meals and to work out four of seven days. I even ate out at a Red Robin and a Chili's and managed to order and eat raw meals at these famously fried establishments. I ordered their house salads without croutons or cheese and then replaced the dressing with guacamole, which are made in house.  It was really good!

I've recently had lots of questions about the future of Smaller Sarah when I hit the one-year mark. "You aren't going to quit blogging, are you?"  No way!  I really love writing this blog and have found it to be an essential accountability tool. So, my plan is to create some new goals and continue blogging!


Pounds lost this week: 3
Total pounds lost: 73



The "I Did It" List
attended two boot camp classes
ran 4 miles - 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday
registered for another 5K to take place on July 15th in Dallas
rode an airplane for the first time in a year and my butt fit in the seat!
ordered and ate raw meals at two chain restaurants



1 comment:

Jacki said...

woot!! I love it when people post about successfully staying "on track" when they eat out at restaurants. I think a lot of people become fearful about eating out when they've first change their eating habits and fear that they will order the wrong thing, or ill-prepared they order what they USED to order and then have to contend with the consequences.(and there's that whole social isolation myth associated with veganism I contend with). I'd love to hear more "successful eating out" stories!