Jun 25, 2012

Weigh In - Week 55

I'm home from Utah and have just had the most mind-blowing weekend.  As you may or may not know, Kenna's Kids (a non profit organization in North Texas that assists children facing big medical challenges) chose my son Charlie as one of their 2012 beneficiaries.  This weekend was their main fund raising event: the Kenna Cup golf tournament. I've been surrounded by angels all weekend - angels who are pouring their time, energy and money into easing my family's financial burden. I am in awe.

Here is a photo of this year's beneficiaries with Kenna - the cute red-head in the middle who started it all! From left to right: Charlie and me, Makenna Johnson, Kenna Kucholz and Grayson Hughes.



After this magical weekend of healing and uplift and compassion and love, who cares what I weigh, right? Who cares when there is so much to be grateful for?

Okay... okay... I still care.  Striving for world peace, brotherly love and a smaller waist line can co-exist, right? I'm still at a 75 pound loss - maintaining my weight loss, but not currently losing.  The good thing is that I'm back in town and already have two boot camp classes under my belt.  I've resumed my 3-day a week classes and am planning to begin a 9-day green juice fast later in the week.

Pounds lost this week: 0
Total pounds lost: 75



The "I Did It" List
2 boot camp classes
made some lovely raw meals for myself and my family
ate reasonably healthy meals while traveling home to Dallas with my family
substituted water for most beverages
didn't binge on BBQ and other vendor food at the Kenna Cup (this was tough)






No comments: