Jul 23, 2012

Weigh In - Week 59

I was reading THIS post the other day from one of my favorite design blogs. It's basically about Mercury in retrograde, which I am always highly aware of.  Mercury goes into retrograde four times a year. Astrologically speaking, it really messes things up.  Cars inexplicably break down, you suddenly hate the new bedding you just bought, no one seems to be listening and your hair looks terrible no matter what expensive potion you rub into it.

Mercury went into retrograde on July 14th and will continue until August 8th.  Maybe this is why I've been under the weather, a bit groggy and unable to shed any weight. One of my work-out buddies and I were talking today about stress.  She and I both have special needs kids and the summer has not been without its freak-outs and stresses.  The body's reaction to stress is to slow metabolism and hang on to weight.  Once the stress blows over and the winds change, then body functions begin to recalibrate.  So whether its Mercury or stress, I'm going to be kind to myself and wait it out.


Pounds lost this week: 0
Total pounds lost: 76





The "I Did It" List
attended 3 boot camp classes
drank lots of water (from the tap)
hosted a brunch for my son's second birthday
ate red velvet cake balls at son's second birthday with no guilt
went swimming with my kids
had a beautiful date with my husband

1 comment:

Positively Fit LH said...

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....We will all continue to laugh, dance, cry, sing, and bound our way through the journey together....