Jul 2, 2011

Walk for Joy

After a month of walking almost every day, I'm really starting to take serious joy in this simple exercise.  Today I power walked two and a half miles with ease and felt for the first time as though this was normal.  Usually, any kind of exercise feels like something new, something I'm trying out.  But not today.  Now, its a habit - and one that I intend to nurture and maintain.  The sun was bright and hot, but the breeze was light and cool.  Perfect day for a walk.  I'm so grateful to have a body that works!

Day one of my new eating plan went very well.  I started the day with 24 ounces of water with lemon and enjoyed pears, blueberries, tangerines and apples for breakfast.  Lunch was a big green salad consisting of romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, sprouts and avocado.  Dinner was organic whole grain pasta with onions, mushrooms, celery and tomatoes lightly sauteed in olive oil.  I snacked on nuts and dried fruit in the afternoon.  All in all, it was yummy, filling and void of sugar and preservatives.  One day down and the rest of my life to go!



P.S.  Play list this morning was Prince and Michael Jackson.  Raspberry Beret and Billy Jean are the perfect pace for power-walking!  I weigh in tomorrow morning so check back to see our progress!