Sep 2, 2011

Chewing My Nails

I know, I know.  Gross, right?  I've been chewing my nails ever since I can remember.  But when I started eating mostly raw meals and juicing in the mornings, a strange thing happened.  I stopped biting my nails.  I don't know why, but I just stopped for a few days.  Then another strange thing happened.  My formerly weak, splitting, flimsy, paper thin nails grew in strong and thick and white.  It's been about a month since the last time I chewed my nails.  In fact, Charlie's surgery date was the last time I caught myself biting.  This new diet is really good at curbing my mood swings and stabilizing my stress levels.  I think this plays a huge factor in why I haven't had the urge to chew.  The other component is that all the phyto-nutrients, minerals, vitamins and enzyme consumption is improving my cellular quality.  This allows my cells to produce more quality tissue.  I'll let you know how it pans out.  I'd love to call nail biting a thing of the past!


2 comments:

anita said...

Wow -- very interesting.
Off my sugar binge....day 4.

Betsy said...

Wow - I'm looking forward to the October in-person experience. Looks like you've NAILED it! (:-)