Nov 22, 2011

5K Crazy Talk

Alright, here it goes.  I'm going to run a 5K.  There.  I said it.  The week after I started boot camp, I started thinking about fitness goals.  I like the simplicity of attending class and working out just because I know it's good for me and yada yada.  But ultimately, I'm the kind of girl who needs a goal.  So, I'm going to run a 5K in March.

I have some runner friends who do 5K races as "fun runs" just to keep loose and in shape for their marathons.  But for me, a 5K would be an enormous challenge and an enormous feat.  So that's it.  I'm going to run a 5K this March and writing here on the blog makes it so.  Booyah.



2 comments:

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Sarah- Great goal! You can do it!

(I am SO not a runner. Like to bike, (and it's nice on the knees) maybe I should set a biking goal? Sadly, it's getting really cold here in New York!)

Day after Thanksgiving at inlaws, here. We brought some Volumetric dishes along for the feast - roasted vegetables and bulgur stuffed peppers. Makes for a healthier plate!

Loretta

Jacki said...

woot!! I love 5ks! but, don't run one in a turkey costume.