Jan 9, 2012

Weigh In - Week 30

Wow.  I can't believe I've been at this for 30 weeks!  I started the week with a nasty ear infection that I am still trying to get rid of.  The pain is gone, but I can't hear out of my left ear and my balance is wonky.  Half the time I appear to be quite drunk, what with all the loud talking and tipsiness.  However, I've had a great week.

Monday: I took off to nurse my sad ear
Tuesday: Ate light, raw meals and took a 75 minute yoga class in the evening
Wednesday:  Boot camp class in the morning (ran a 12 minute mile!!!!)
Thursday: 6am yoga class and an 30 minute power boot camp class in the afternoon
Friday: Boot camp in the morning followed by a dinner party where I served a raw meal!

I took Saturday and Sunday off because, frankly, I was bushed.  Lots of exercise and an ear infection is the perfect recipe for a pooped out Mama.  But I'm feeling optimistic this week.  I'm working on a few new year's resolutions, some of which I'm fine-tuning at the moment so that they'll be sustainable and nourishing.  I'll share more on that this week.  I'm feeling optimistic about my health, my weight loss and the new group of women I've been introduced to through my neighborhood boot camp classes.  Sometimes, much to my surprise, everything comes together all at once.  All the little things I've been longing for and dreaming about appear en masse.  It can be a little overwhelming, but its important to be open, ready and willing to say YES. 


Pounds lost this week: 3
Total pounds lost: 46




The "I Did It" List
attended two yoga classes
attended three boot camp classes
subjected my friends and husband's colleagues to a raw meal (they loved it!)
treated my family and myself to Gelato yesterday afternoon
juiced (green lemonade) most every morning
ate sensible, mostly raw meals


4 comments:

Betsy said...

All the while nursing an ear infection and keeping up the normal on-going life happens things. Congratulations!! Luv You!

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOODNESS, that's PHENOMENAL!! What a fantastic week you had! And I totally just pinned your monkey/elephant picture! Love!

Connie said...

I too love the optimism pic. Good for you!! Wow 46 lbs, that's like losing Walker!

Sarah Greenman said...

Yep - its like losing Walker plus a 10 pound bag of dog food!