Feb 10, 2012

The Color Run

The 5K Color Run is coming to Dallas' Fair Park on February 19th.  I had no idea until now, otherwise I may have registered.  It looks like the happiest 5K on the planet.  Check it out!




Click HERE to see if the color run is coming to a city near you!

I'm still preparing for my 5K at the end of March.  This morning, I'm heading out to boot camp, which always helps me with endurance, strength training and short distance running and sprints.  And then I'll hit White Rock Lake on Sunday for another self-imposed 5K.  I love running on my own around the lake.  It's an incredible oasis in the middle of North Texas that transports me to another place.  When its cold and misty, it feels like Green Lake in Seattle.  When its warm and humid it reminds me of Winona, Minnesota.  The lake helps me to open my awareness to more than just the running and before I know it, I've finished five kilometers! 

2 comments:

nrhymes said...

It would be so awesome if you would have come! My friend Kim & I are doing it, but we are going to walk it. Already made hotel reservations and so excited it's next weekend!

Mary said...

That looks like so much fun! I am trying to convince a friend of mine to do the one in Chicago; he's more concerned about his sneakers getting dirty! *sigh*