Feb 9, 2012

Raw Dressings

photo source

I eat a lot of salads.  The more I eat them, the more I love them.  I define a salad as a anything with raw vegetables.  Sure you can add some nuts or some dried fruit for flavor and texture, but once you start adding diced chicken, hard boiled eggs, shredded cheese, bacon bits and croutons, your "salad" morphs into something else.  I make a salad almost every night.  Sometimes I'll use an organic dressing (the selection from Annie's is really great), but that can get expensive.  I also don't know exactly what's in bottled dressings.  They aren't raw and sometimes they hide things like high fructose corn syrup or worse.  So I make most of my dressings at home.  It allows me to keep my grocery bill down and also keep tabs on the ingredients I'm putting into my body.  Here are some favorites from my recipe card file.  They are all raw and all delicious!  Just ask my four-year-old.  He loves them.










I use the dressing below on everything.  My favorite is to make raw slaw by tossing it with red and green cabbage and raisins.  Toss it all together and let it sit for one hour before serving.  SO yummy!




The recipes above were taken from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen and The Raw Food Detox Diet.

1 comment:

Hani said...

The raw ranch is a winner! I don't even like real ranch, but this stuff is great. My girls liked it too.