Feb 7, 2012

Raw Recipe: Pear Frosty

I whipped up a yummy raw treat for dessert last night!  It was so good, I thought I'd share it here.  This recipe is from one of my favorite raw "cook" books called Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen, by Ani Phyo.  It is so simple - just pears, dates, vanilla bean, water and ice.  And it's so frothy and delicious! 


Raw Pear Frosty
Makes four servings.

Ingredients
2 ripe organic pears seeded and quartered
1/2 c. pitted dates
1/2 vanilla bean
2 c. water
1 c. ice

Preparation
Blend pears, dates, vanilla bean, and water until smooth. Add ice and blend for another 10 seconds. Serve right away or keep for up to three days in the fridge.



The photos above were not taken by me.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Yum! And I like your new blog photo banner - run, run, run!!! :-)