Mar 19, 2012

Weigh In - Week 40

Twelve more weeks to go until June 1st.  Twelve more wonderful weeks to lose the weight and feel great!  I can't believe I've already made it 40 weeks.  I was off my routine this week, but I had lots of time to be with family and enjoy spring break.  I ran 2.5 miles on Monday with sprint intervals.  I got over-zealous at one point and sprinted up a big hill.  Bad idea: my hamstrings were super sore for the rest of the week.  Despite my discomfort, I went for a 5K run on Wednesday.  I'm prepping for my first ever 5K race this Saturday!!!!  I'm really excited.

There was no boot camp this week due to the spring holiday, so I did lots of little bursts of push ups, sit-ups and other strength training at home in the odd hours. Oh, and this weekend I also built an 8X3 foot raised bed in my backyard and planted a vegetable garden. You can read more about it and see photos HERE.  I've never had a veggie garden, so I'm crossing my fingers for a good yield.  Any gardening tips from the experienced Texas natives out there?

Thanks to everyone who commented or emailed after my last post.  Negative self talk is not something that I like to share about, mostly because its humiliating.  Sometimes I feel that I should know better - I'm a smart girl, I know how to avoid the pitfalls of self effacing commentary.  Wrong.  It turns out, I'm just like everyone else.  A perfectionist who is trying to meet somebody else's standard of perfect.  I once read a wonderful quote somewhere - "Perfectionism is self abuse of the highest order".  I don't remember who wrote it, but I think its true.  Thank you especially to my friend Mallory for her beautiful response to my post on the Positively Fit Lake Highlands Facebook Page.


I want to share some links that I found inspiring this week:

Fantastic article about self compassion.

Found this from Mallory at Positively Fit Lake Highlands.  Its a fantastic group of exercises!

Katie writes a blog called Runs for Cookies about her weight loss journey  This is her amazing list of 99 non-scale victories she noted after losing 100 pounds.




"If you want to fly, 
you got to give up the shit that weighs you down."  
- Toni Morrison




Pounds lost this week: 0
Total pounds lost: 63


The "I Did It" List
ran 5.75 miles this week on my own
built and planted a vegetable garden in my back yard
did some strength training every other day on my own
went on a date with my husband to Kalachandji's - a marvelous veggie restaurant in Dallas

2 comments:

Redfizz said...

Good luck this weekend! I know you are going to do well. You are such a strong person.

Redfizz said...

By the way, these resources that you linked to are really helping me. Thanks!