Mar 22, 2012

Slow and Sure

I know I'm not the only one who feels like a tortoise sometimes.  This weight loss journey tends to be of the "speed up - slow down" style.  Some weeks I lose a bunch of weight and eat like a lean green machine.  Other weeks, I feel lethargic slogging through work outs and finishing each evening with popcorn and a glass of Pinot Gris.  But whatever, right?  That is how most things progress.  Fast and then slow.  Two steps forward - one step back. 




The trick for me is finding a centered place to inhabit where I don't perceive the amazing dramatic results as "the norm" and I don't perceive the blobby doldrums as "failure".  There has to be a middle ground where I can stay grounded, focused and forgiving.  Its a tough balancing act that I have yet to master.  Any ideas, dear readers?

1 comment:

Redfizz said...

I mentioned to my counselor that I just needed to "get over it and just do it" regarding an issue in my life.

She said, "No. You need to go THROUGH it. 'Getting over it' is too absolute and puts undue pressure on you. And even if you're not happy about it, or it's not fun, you can still get 'through' it and celebrate on the other side."

I hope that helps. I am still mulling over and digesting it myself.