Apr 16, 2012

Weigh In - Week 44

We're down to the last 8 weeks of my Smaller Sarah year.  I cannot believe how quickly its flown by.  I'm so close to my goal weight and I'm really pleased with the slow pace of my weight loss this year.  I figure that if I take it off slow and steady, it will be easier to maintain a healthy weight for the long haul.

It's been another tough week.  I've been working my patootie off just to keep my head above water these past two weeks.  Hubby has been out of town and I've been on deck, watching a friend's children while she works.  Don't get me wrong, they're great kids!  But four children and no partner is a tall order.  There was a moment this week when my four-year-old collapsed on the couch, let out a huge sigh and said, "We need Mary Poppins."  He was right.

Even with the craziness, I still managed to make it to boot camp twice this week, complete a 1,000 push-up challenge, run my fastest mile EVER and eat some sensible meals.  However, I've been off of the raw diet this week.  I just couldn't get my shit together.  But that doesn't bother me much.  My tummy had some trouble, but in the long run, it's not a big deal.  I'll get back to it when my husband returns and I regain a few brain cells.

Overall, I'm very happy with my current state of health.  I feel like there is a lot of flow and flexibility in my diet as well as in my exercise schedule.  I'm gearing up for the Warrior Dash this coming Sunday and another 5K on the 28th of April.  These little athletic events help me stay focused and committed to my work outs.  Plus, they're just plain FUN.  And we could all use a little more of that in our lives, right?


Pounds lost this week: 0
Total pounds lost: 65




The "I Did It" List
1000 push ups
2 days of boot camp
ran a mile on Tuesday night in 10 minutes and 37 seconds
procured another box of fresh produce and whole grain bread from the food Co-Op
bought a pair of jeans and a swim suit, both in a size 16
got a pedicure for the first time in over 8 months (thank you to Hani for taking the kids)



And here are a few shots of me in my happy place: 
Boot Camp at Positively Fit Lake Highlands

Squat with medicine ball.

My view from a plank with leg raise.

Jumping rope.

2 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

Wow, a 1000 pushups is awesome you will have fab arms in no time! Congrats on the fast mile!

anita said...

We could all use Mary Poppins for sure! That Walker is a smart one.

:)