May 6, 2012

Raw Chocolate Cherry Malt

One of my favorite raw treats is this Chocolate Cherry Malt recipe from Ani Phyo's book, Ani's Raw Food Kitchen.  It's starting to get WARM here in Dallas and this "malt" is the perfect thing to beat the heat!

Photo from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen



Raw Chocolate Cherry Malt by Any Phyo

2 cups of cherries (pitted)
3/4 cup of almonds
1/2 cup pitted dates
2 Tablespoons Carob or Cacao Powder
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
2 cups water

Put all ingredients in blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until smooth.  It will keep in the fridge for up to three days.  I like to use a little less water and throw in a big handful of ice to make it colder and thicker.  When I served it to my four year old son he said, "This is the best ice cream shake ever!"  He's not kidding.  Here's a photo of my malt below:


2 comments:

Kate said...

It is super good! I think I have a new addiction. :) Thanks for taking the time to share.

Anonymous said...

Delish
I have also added a few green leaves (kale, collards) with great success - cant even taste them and it adds even more nutrition