Oct 28, 2012

Taking Time

Hello dear readers.  It's been a while since I've posted here.  Day by day, my life is still spinning further and further away from center and I've been wrestling with my body, my calendar and my kids. I've had an enormous surge of creative energy these past weeks and a simultaneous need to withdraw a bit from the interwebs.  September and October proved to be a time of huge transition for me personally and I still feel the ground shifting below me. And overall, my time away from the blog has been productive but also a time of quiet assessment.

I'm healthy and attending boot camp classes.  My schedule is about to change providing an opportunity to add a run class at Positively Fit to my week. I'm also planning a green juice fast beginning the second week in November.  I'll spend the next week increasing my intake of greens and diminishing my meat and carbs in an attempt to make the most of the fast.  I had lots of success with this same juice fast in the spring and hope to have similar results the second time around.

I guess the latest news is that last week, I left my house for four nights on a self imposed writing retreat.  I'm in the process of organizing and finishing a book that I've been working on for a little while. The retreat helped me secure some valuable time to compose my thoughts and accomplish some mental heavy lifting.  It is so difficult to have and maintain any kind of a long thought arch with two little ones clamoring for my attention at all hours of the day. If you'd like to read more about my time away, click HERE.

My goal for the next few weeks is to be kind to myself.  I've been burning the candle at both ends and while I'm very pleased with the direction things are heading, I'm also noticing the signs of burn out.  An over-extended, exhausted mama is a useless mama.  So, a little self love is definitely in order.