Oct 5, 2012

Want it? Go get it.

The title of this post is my motto for the remainder of 2012. What is it that I want?  Time.  I want some time to really give my creative work the attention it needs to be successful and fulfilling.  I'm still in the process of writing a manuscript and I'm also painting.  However, I feel like I have to steal time from my family to do my work.  I'm know a lot of stay (work) at home mamas feel this way.  After all, it's the topic of a gajillion news articles with inane headlines like, "You Can Have It All" or "Are you Mommy Enough?" or "Oprah's 6 Question Test will Reveal Your True Calling" or "How to Get Everything Done and Still Have Time for Sex". I mean let's be real, it's all bullshit.

Every woman (and man for that matter) has to decide what it is they want, what they're willing to sacrifice and how they're going to get it.  I'm still in the "what am I willing to sacrifice" stage.  I know what I want.  But there are only so many hours in a day. I have to give up something to move forward in the direction of my dreams. So I'm making a game plan.  As my father always says, "more news at eleven."



No comments: