Oct 8, 2012

Check In - Week 70

Hi.

How was your week?
(seriously, tell me about your week in the comment section below)

Mine was good.

I've been brainstorming about how to buy myself a little more time in my studio.  My usual pattern is to start a big project at night and then peter out in the wee hours with nothing really to show for it by morning.  Because of that, I'm getting poor sleep and my artistic output is happening when I'm at my most groggy.  After a full day of kids and appointments and meals and driving and school, day's end is not the time to bring my A-game.

So last night I was asleep by 9pm with an alarm clock set and ready.  By 4:45am, I was in my studio painting and writing. My plan for the week is to try out this new schedule.  Up and at 'em at 4:30am. Work in the studio until 7am. Then, have my day as usual.  But instead of staying up 'til all hours trying to eek out something creative, go to sleep by 9:30pm.

Wish me luck!




The "I Did It" List
attended two boot camp classes
spent some quality time with friends
stayed in my PJs all day on Sunday
watched my son, Charlie, have some amazing break through moments
5 loads of laundry
my bell pepper and broccoli plants are finally fruiting!

1 comment:

Karen Schlesinger said...

Sarah, you are such an inspiration! While our lives are so much different, we seems to be on similar brain waves. I have been thinking the same thing...that I need to go to bed early and get up early to use my energy the most efficiently. However, I have never been an early morning person, but we will see how this goes. Thanks for sharing your ideas on what works for you. It makes a difference over here.