Mar 7, 2013

A Manner of Traveling

I've been slowly chipping away at this past week.  Some juice here and there, a quick boot camp, a salad or two, and water bottles stashed in the car for traffic-logged moments.  Its tough to make healthy and serene choices when you're stretched as thin as I am right now.  It's tough, but worth it. Sometimes a healthy breakfast and a workout squeezed in after the carpool and before the therapy appointment means the difference between a successful day a red-alert melt down.  Sure, it's not the ideal schedule, but doing a little of what you planned is better than tossing the whole routine. 

After my pseudo-juice fast I developed an ear infection (an allergy based thing I get every spring) and had to start a round of antibiotics - not really conducive to juice fasting, eh?  When I'm done with those nasty drugs, I'll begin the juice fast again.  But until then, I'm eating whole meals and maintaining my spring weight loss which is now at 11 pounds!  My life, like yours I'm sure, can feel like a runaway train. I just have to remember that I am in control - I am the driver, the crew, the track and even the train itself.  I decide how fast it goes and I choose the station stops.




P.S.  I took a physical assessment test at Positively Fit this Monday. I ran my mile in 11 minutes and 25 seconds - not bad for a winter of brisket and beer!

P.S.S.  Got a minute?  Read this marvelous post entitled Cellulite: It's Time We All Just Get the Hell Over It

2 comments:

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Sarah- I'm impressed by your attitude! Glad to see you are in control and Spring is around the corner...

Loretta

Dina said...

Sarah, I really do love you! xoxo