May 17, 2013

Lift Off

The first few weeks of a shift in behavior can feel like a real slog. Getting out the door every other day (and sometimes every day) for a jog or 40 minutes of cross training takes fortitude when its preceded by a pattern of inactivity.  Hell, it takes fortitude even when you're in the groove.

But for me, there is always a day, a wonderful moment that I call "lift off", when your body and your brain finally align and what seemed like an unbearable slog the day before becomes easier. Notice, I didn't say easy.  It's never easy. It just gets a little bit easier.

The past two weeks of dragging my ass to the juicer and then lumbering out the door for a jog shifted today. I awoke, rested. I looked in the mirror and noticed that my skin tone was better. I met my husband in the kitchen and he said my waist looked slimmer, as did my face. (Compliments always help "lift off".) I drank my green juice, ate a banana, snuggled with my son and then went for a run. And today it wasn't shitty. It was nice. Ladies and gentlemen, we have lift off!





P.S.  Looking for an awesome healthy snack recipe?  
To make the fruit and nut bars below, click HERE.