Aug 26, 2013

Jump

Today was the first day of kindergarten for my oldest son and the first day of preschool for my youngest. It's a huge leap of faith sending your little ones out into the world, especially for my youngest who because of his stroke and cerebral palsy condition cannot walk or talk. There will be no conversations at the dinner table about what he did at school today. I will be a vigilant mother, but ultimately I'll have to trust that school went well and that he is enjoying himself and learning new ways of being in the world.

Also tomorrow, I begin a 7-day juice fast. I'm saying goodbye to solid food in exchange for a clean, green, power-packed diet of green juice. Everything today seems to be a big leap. A free falling life jump.




The "I Did It" List

sent my babies to school for the first time ever
ate fewer calories and the calories I did eat were high quality
cut out meat for the past three days
drank less coffee and replaced it with water
met a writing deadline for Houzz
stepped on a scale for the first time since August 6th only to find that I've lost 5 pounds