Oct 3, 2011

Weigh In - Week 18

Fitness-wise, this week was pretty bleak.  That's why I woke up this morning, bright and early (thanks to a fussy baby) and went for a serious power walk.  My October pledge is to reignite my walking regimen.  I walked for almost 7 weeks straight through June and July.  Now that the weather is cooler here in Dallas, there is no excuse.  Once again, I'll be walking 4-5 mornings a week thanks to my awesome husband who will be on kid duty while I'm gone.

This week, I also stuck (mostly) to our 80% raw eating plan.  The one BIG splurge this week is that I had 3 beers during the week.  Once for an Oktoberfest gathering, once on my porch with my family and once when I had some company over for dinner.  But I'm still very very happy with the juicing, which I do every morning and my raw food plan.  I love making raw meals because its quick prep, very little clean up and I don't have to turn on a stove or an oven, which heats up my house.  The one thing I really need to keep better track of is how my food is being combined.  I try to mostly eat fruit alone but it doesn't always happen.  I try to mostly eat food categories on their own without mixing but it doesn't always happen.  Re-committing to proper food combining will be key in the coming months.  When I properly combine my food, the weight drops off very easily.

This week, I didn't lose any weight.  I didn't gain any either.  So I'm holding steady at a 32 pound loss since June first.  Jack, my husband, has joined me on my juicing and raw eating plan as well.  He also started drinking 2 litres of water every morning.  With only these two changes, Jack has lost 25 pounds since June first.  Amazing, right?  I'm so happy for him!

Pounds lost this week:  0
Total pounds lost: 32




The "I Did It" List
Mostly stick to my raw eating plan
Juiced 6 out of 7 mornings
learning how to buy organic veggies for less by shopping at more than one location
reignited my walking regimen
helped my husband drop 25 pounds this summer

2 comments:

Jacki said...

stick to your workout! make it a priority above all else...you are totally worth *inconveniencing* everyone else and their schedules.

Or....think of the pain in the ass you'll be on your death bed! ;) a walk, ptthth. DO IT!

and, men suck. The other day Doug said "Oh YAY!!! I'm finally up to 145lbs!"

You're doing fantastically, keep it up! I'm proud of you!

Sarah Greenman said...

Thank you so much, Jacki!