Nov 14, 2011

Weigh In - Week 24

This morning, I stepped on the scale with a small trace of dread.  Its been an interesting week.  Emotionally and energetically, its been a wonderful, celebratory week spent with family.  On the food front, its been a doozy.  This was by far the worst week for diet that I've had since beginning this journey 6 months ago.

On Tuesday, I attended our neighborhood's annual meeting and fall social.  I had two pieces of pizza and three big chocolate chip cookies.  On Wednesday, after a long day of child care, boot camp and dealing with the tree removal company, I took my family to Pei Wei for a barrage of rice and sweet and sour sauce covered yumminess.

Thursday night Jack and I took the boys for a drive and some dinner.  By the end of the evening, I'd consumed a 16 ounce Caramel Latte and a trio of fish tacos, beans, rice and a margarita to boot.  I spent all of Friday preparing for my son's up coming birthday party by baking cake and some cake balls.  That night I went to bed with two cake balls and a glass of milk.  On Saturday, we rang in my son's fourth birthday with more cake and cake balls followed by a Sunday morning breakfast of coffee and cake. 

So given all that, its amazing that I only gained two pounds this week.  I lost two pounds last week and turned right around and gained it back.  Ouch.


Pounds lost this week: 0
Total pounds lost: 37


The "I Did It" List
boot camp on Wednesday (Friday was cancelled)
Juiced three mornings
one 2-mile power walk (with running sprinkled in)
Ate myself silly and only gained two pounds

5 comments:

anita said...

hang in there.
you'll kill it this week.

Jacki said...

I heard this the other day, about dieting: If you're walking down a flight of stairs and you trip on a couple, you don't give up on the stairs and just fling yourself to the bottom. You get up and continue walking.

So far, the mental image of hurling myself to the base of stairs both cracks me up, and gets it all in perspective.

Get back on the horse! (how many metaphors can I use in the reply? ha ha)

Best Home Decors said...

Holiday Season is very challenging. Good luck. I know you can do it.

Sarah Greenman said...

Jacki - I love the flight of stairs image! That's how I feel too. I thought, "Just because last week was bad, doesn't mean this week must also follow suit."

Positively Fit LH said...

You are doing great, Sarah! We all have those weeks - think I was just coming off of one when we met (between my birthday and Halloween, it was pretty ugly). I like Jacki's "stairs" metaphor. In the whole scheme of your life's worth of eating, a week of cake balls and margaritas is not going to make or break you. Keep on pushing through!