Jun 7, 2012

A book?

As you know, this blog began as an accountability tool. But over the course of the year, it has become so much more. Its now a community that reaches far beyond my own imagining. This weekend following my One Year post, I received many requests for support, coaching, direction and suggestions about how to go about losing weight and keeping it off. Everyone is looking for, as I was at the beginning of my journey, a tailor-made action plan. The two most common questions seem to be "What do I do?" and "How do I stick with it?" These two questions are difficult to answer in a quick email or phone call and the answer is different for everyone.  I am making a focused attempt to thoughtfully answer all your emails - so if you haven't heard from me, you will soon!  But I am also finding that answering your questions in a longer form may ultimately be more effective.

Through my work over the past year, I have developed what I think is an effective line of inquiry to answer "What do I do?" and "How do I stick with it?" Its a series of questions, a little self-experimentation and some grounded information that will lead you to an actionable and sustainable weight-loss plan. I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist, but I have real world experience. After trying many avenues and asking lots of questions, I've ultimately found an authentic path to healthy weight loss, a renewed spirit, emotional ease and a vibrant life. So here is my question to you, dear reader: Would you be interested enough in my ideas to pay for a book or private coaching?

I've already begun the process of writing a practical, intuitive guide to slimming down and getting healthy. The goal? A funny, breezy but honest, no-nonsense book filled with simple tools to help the reader create and maintain a tailor-made plan to get healthy. Part memoir, part work book, part self-help; a humorous, down-to-earth book that would address the real issues most working and stay-at-home mother's deal with when trying to face-off with their old habits. What do you think?




12 comments:

Angie said...

How awesome Sarah!!

Jacki said...

brilliant idea! I would love to read it!

Betsy said...

I'll be in line for the book signing party!! xoxox

Anna said...

Absolutely - I would buy and read it!

anita said...

yes! absolutely.
first stop on the book tour: Charlottesville, VA!!!!

:)

Connie said...

Go for it! I especially think it will be useful because of the humorous aspect. All the other books are so darn serious. You have a real gift with your ability to write something that is informative and funny. I'll buy several copies!

Kimberly said...

I think that's a fabulous idea! I agree with Connie - people need humor in the quest to continue with their goals. Go for it!

Chris said...

YES......absolutely !! go for it, Sarah!!!

Amber said...

Do it!

Unknown said...

Oh HELL YES! I will pre-order copies for all my mommy friends (and everyone else that needs a little inspiration)

rgluck said...

I would love some help finding "my" program for nutrition and fitness, just as you found yours. I'm not sure the raw diet would work for me, but I can't seem to figure out what I want to commit to at least trying. And the humor helps too!

Loretta Fontaine (APPLESandRUBIES) said...

Sarah

WRITE!-

and the photos you pull together for the book will make it shine as well as the prose!

Loretta