Apr 28, 2013

Old Habits Die Hard

As I sit down to write this post I feel like a bad friend who said she would call and then didn't. And then when a week turned into two and then three, calling seemed silly and pointless. But I'm back, making that long awaited call. Hoping that you're still here.

I've spent the last three weeks in technical rehearsals for a show and then opening and running that show. All of my time has been spoken for. Even my family is wondering when I'll re-engage.  The show has been lots of fun and I'm SO thrilled to be acting again. But I'm also feeling totally out of my element - my routine shattered and old habits finding new footing. 

Confession time: I've gained back almost 30 pounds since the fall.  What?  30?  Yes.  30.  I worked my ass off and lost 75 and then gained 30 of it back.  You know what it feels like to lose 75 pounds in a big public way and then gain 30 back?  Kind of shitty.  

Luckily, I've got this blog.  I wrote down everything I did and now I'm going to retrace my steps and re-lose that weight.  Yep.  Welcome summer shred!  My show closes next week and I will once again be making the trip to Cedar City, Utah where my husband works every summer.  I began and ended my Smaller Sarah year in Utah and it seems the perfect place to pick up and start again.  

So here's the scoop: Starting on May 1st, I will be re-introducing a mostly raw diet. Once I'm in Utah, I'll also start running again. I would like to drop 40 pounds in 4 months.  That means 10 pounds a month with a final weigh-in on September 1st.  As I begin again, I am reminded of a post I wrote to a reader who emailed asking 'what do you do when you get discouraged?'  You can read it by clicking HERE. Here's another pick-me-up from September of 2012: click HERE. All of this just to say, I did it once... I can do it again!


source



In other news... 
I just found this amazing 3 minute ad that Dove posted on You Tube.  
I thought it was perfect to share here at Smaller Sarah.  


No comments: