Aug 17, 2013

Run Sarah Run

It was 69 degrees this morning in Dallas - SIXTY NINE DEGREES! My family and I took full advantage of the unusual cool weather and visited White Rock Lake for a spin on the walking trail. My five-year-old brought his bike and I laced up my running shoes.

I haven't been running since mid-June and am horribly out of practice. Much to my surprise and pleasure, I was able to keep up with my kid and run with ease for about a mile. I'm looking forward to getting back into running shape. And to make a pledge of my seriousness, I am going to run a half marathon in February. What? Yes. I am running my first ever half marathon in Fort Worth on February 23rd! 

I want to tell you a little story. When I started my Smaller Sarah year in June of 2011, two dear Dallas-based friends followed along and cheered my efforts. That spring both of these women, inspired by my weight loss and healthy goals, began running. They both are now race-hounds, attending 5 and 15Ks all over - one of them has already run two half marathons. Then when life got too busy this spring, I fell off the wagon, stopped eating right and discontinued my work-outs. My two darling friends and I have now switched positions. It is they who are inspiring me to start running again. They've invited me to join them for a half marathon in February, so I'm going to do it!  

Thank you Alison and Meighan! 


Here is a photo of me and my little cyclist pace-setter at White Rock Lake today:



1 comment:

Connie said...

It's nice to have a partner.....go Walker!....and Run Sarah, Run!