Aug 23, 2013

The Next 6 Months

Six months from today, I will be running my first half marathon. Its a tall order, but I know I can do it. So what will transpire between today and February 23rd? What's the plan? There's nothing new in the plan and there never is. A plan to get healthy and lose excess weight is always the same. Eat less crap and get some exercise. There's actually real comfort in that, don't you think? There are a million diet books out there... countless weight loss theories and diet books. And they all manage to rearrange "eat less crap and exercise" into a 280 page best seller. So that's my plan.

You still want a few more details?  Sure... I understand.  Here's my some specifics:


1.  Work out two to three times a week at Positively Fit Lake Highlands. These workouts will include high intensity weight bearing activity mixed with cardiovascular work.

2.  Limit sugar.  Period.  No seriously...  Sarah, stop eating sugar.

3.  Eat mainly whole fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains.

4.  In preparation for my 1/2 marathon, I'll run at least once a week - starting with shorter distances 2-3 miles and work my way up as the months wear on. When the half draws closer, I'll ramp up how many runs I take a week.


That's it.




To kick off my new challenge, I'm starting with a 7 day juice fast. If you'll remember from previous posts, I love doing juice fasts. I don't know about all the cleansing claims - I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist. But I do know that I feel GREAT when I fast, my skin looks amazing, I have more energy and I lose weight. I'm starting on Tuesday, August 27th and write about it here at Smaller Sarah. I have a friend who is going to do the fast with me, so that will be lovely. We can support each other along the way!


If you'd like to read my past posts about juice fasting, click HERE.



No comments: